MELD Validator Nodes
This is an overview of what is needed to be a MELD node operators, technically what do they need to do, what requirements do we put on them and what do they get out of it.
MELD Node operators will get a 6% APY on MELD tokens staked in their node.
- For the first 6 months we will allow up to 30 node operators. (We reserve the right to increase this if we need to).
- For the last 6 months we will increase up to 60 node operators. (We reserve the right to increase this if we need to).
- This mean for the first 30 node operators, you can stake for a total of 12 months.
- The minimum $MELD you can stake is 100,000.
- The maximum $MELD you can stake is 20,000,000.
- You have to send us the $MELD you are planning on staking. It will be kept in a public wallet.
- Your staked $MELD can come from any blockchain
- A MELD node is also an Avalanche main net node, which will require a minimum of 2000 $AVAX staked to operate. You will need to provide this.
- Your yield will be paid out once per month. You can choose to leave it and allow the $MELD to compound (up to 20m) or it can be sent to a wallet of your choice.
- People are chosen to run a MELD node, it is not open (yet).
- You can stop running a node at anytime as long as you tell us you are shutting it down.
- You will need to sign an agreement agreeing to these points.
🛑🛑 IF YOU ARE A BAD ACTOR AND DO NOT RUN YOUR NODE CORRECTLY. YOU WILL BE WARNED 3 TIMES AND THEN YOUR STAKE WILL BE SLASHED. (Your staked $MELD will be taken from you). 🛑🛑
- You are expected to operate a healthy node with a 98% uptime.
- You are expected to update the node within 5 days of a new version being release by AVA Labs.
- You are responsible for your own resources to run a node.
- You are running a node validating the MELD layer 1 blockchain, not the protocol operating on the Cardano Blockchain. This is not a Cardano stakepool. Different technology.
- You are expect to communicate with us if you will have expected down time.